Darrell & Cindy Hankerson have generously offered all proceeds from the sale of these two bikes to Base CAMP! Please take a look at these bikes, and even if they aren’t right for you, maybe they would be good for someone you know! There are really a great deal. And knowing the maintenance routines of Darrell Hankerson, I’m sure they have been well cared for through the years! Here’s a little bit about the bikes from Darrell…
These are hardtail (26in wheel) Trek 9800 (16.5in, carbon fiber) for $300 and Trek 7000 (18in, aluminum) for $250. I’ve had the frames since 2000, although components are newer. The size is measured from the center of the bottom bracket to top of seat tube. Fit roughly 5’3″ to 5’7″ and 5’7″ to 5’11”.
These are “cross country” mountain bikes, designed for terrain such as Chewacla, Swayback, and West Point Lake, although could be used as commuters.
If you care to test ride, I’m at Chewacla most every Tuesday 6pm for the CAMP group ride.
Trek 9800 (16.5in, carbon fiber)
- Fork: Manitou Skareb 80mm, air spring, 2005.
- Headset: Cane Creek S3. Stem: FSA XC-150 120mm. Handlebar: Easton Monkey Lite low rise 62cm (carbon).
- Crank: Shimano LX 22-32-42.
- Brakes: Shimano XTR V (rim) rear, Avid BB7 mechanical disc front. Frame does not accept disc brake. Levers: XT.
- Front derailleur: LX. Rear: Deore, 8 speed. Shimano 11-30 cassette.
- Shifters: XT trigger.
- Rear wheel: DT-Swiss 240s to WTB FX28. Front: Deore 6-bolt disc hub to Mavic 117.
- Saddle: Bontrager Evoke 2 WS (factory on Trek Lush SL). Seatpost: Thomson 27.2.
- Rear tire: Bontrager XR 2.0. Front: Bontrager XR 2.2.
Trek 7000 (18in, aluminum)
- Fork: Manitou Drake 80mm, coil. 2009, barely used.
- Headset: Cane Creek S3. Stem: Easton EA-70 120mm. Handlebar: Kalin flat 58cm.
- Crank: Shimano XT 22-32-44 (splined interface).
- Brakes: XT V (rim). Frame does not accept disc brake. Levers: Shimano (LX before labeled LX).
- Front derailleur: XT. Rear: STX (this is older), 8 speed. XT 11-30 cassette.
- Shifters: older Shimano trigger. These look like what is now called Alivio. Ok, but not the light-action of modern Deore series.
- Rear wheel: XT (6-bolt disc) hub to Rhyno Lite. Front: XTR hub to Mavic 717.
- Saddle: Titec Ithys Gove. Seatpost: FSA FR-230 27.2.
- Rear tire: Hutchinson Python 2.0. Front: Kenda smallblock-8 2.1.