Thursday, February 4th the Lee-Russel Council of Governments is going to host a Public Open House Workshop regarding the preparation of the Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan. We ask CAMP members to show up in force to talk about some opportunities that will benefit our efforts moving forward. Please feel free to share your personal thoughts on the bicycle plan presented. However, we do ask that you speak to the specific points listed below as a member of CAMP.
- Development of a trail system at Lake Wilmore that includes interconnectivity to local neighborhoods, schools, and Chewacla
- Development of a greenway utilizing the old bike path along Town Creek
- Development of a bike route from Downtown Auburn to Chewacla State Park
- Development of a bike route between Auburn and Opelika
- Development of bike specific facilities in already existent parks in both Auburn and Opelika (pumptrack in Town Creek ETC)
- Emphasis on having bike routes that connect locations of interest, including parks, schools, shops, etc.
The meetings will be hosted in both Auburn and Opelika and will be an open house format. This means that you do not have to be present the entire timeframe, you can come and go as you please.
Auburn Meeting Location: Frank Brown Rec Center
Opelika Meeting Locaton: Opelika Chamber of Commerce.