XTERRA Tiger will take place at Chewacla State Park on April 4, 2015. Chewacla is the perfect venue for an off-road Triathlon, as it has one of the areas’ best parks for a Tri, a fun and fast trail system and a quiet comfortable setting. The trails are built and maintained by C.A.M.P. The 1/2 mile lake swim will start off the event. Athletes will swim out to a point in the lake marked with buoys and then back to the beach. After exiting the water, the racers will face a short run to the transition area to begin the mountain bike leg, which consists of a 10 mile loop. The athletes will then transition again to the shorter 3.1 mile run course which will use parts of the mountain bike course plus some dirt road power line sections to finish the race.
Awards available for the following groups:
- Men 15-19 / Men 20-29 / Men 30-34 / Men 35-39 / Men 40-44 / Men 45-49/ Men 50-59/Men 60+
- Women 15-19 Women 20-29 / Women 30-34 / Women 35-39 / Women 40-49 / Women 50-99 / Physically Challenged.
- Pre-entry deadline of 10pm Eastern time on Thursday before event = $60 Individual
- On-site registration available Friday 4pm to 6pm and at James Brothers Bikes
Registration & pickup:
- Friday from 4pm to 6pm at the race site
- Registration pickup only: Saturday from 7am to 8am at the race site
- All participants must present a picture ID plus a current valid USAT license or purchase a temporary, one-day USAT license at registration for $12.
- USAT rules state that competitors may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower.
- USAT rules state that if the water temperature is between 78.1 – 83.9 degrees, competitors may wear wetsuits but will not be eligible for awards.
- If the water temperature is 84 degrees or above, participants may not wear wetsuits.
- Water temperature will be tested on race morning.
Volunteers would be greatly appreciated. If interested in volunteering, fill out the for below.
For additional information about the event, click here.